The “Apple Application Support was not found” issue can come up if you do not install the iTunes software correctly. There is another name for this issue which is ‘error 2’. There can be several causes for the occurrence of this problem. Some of those causes are that if the computer is not logged in with the Administrator account, then you can get this issue.
If the Windows is not up to date, even then, there is a probability for you to face this problem. Also, if there is any components left from the last installation of the iTunes software, then you might encounter this glitch and etc.
Solutions To Rectify the “Apple Application Support was Not Found” Issue
You will get various methods here, that will help you to easily resolve the “Apple Application was not found” problem
1: Log into the Computer in Administrator Mode
While trying to install the iTunes application if you encounter this error, then it means that the computer is not logged into the administrator mode. To fix this problem, all you can do is set the administrator mode to active. Here is the process on how can you do it.
- First, press both the keys ‘Windows + S’ simultaneously and open the ‘Search’ section’
- Inside that section, type in the following text “command prompt” on the empty space. Then, from the search output page locate and right-click on the ‘Command Prompt’ option.
- Next, from the popup menu, choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option. This option will open a new ‘Command Prompt’ window.
- Inside this window, type the following command “net user administrator /active:yes” and press the ‘Enter’ key.
2: Get the latest version of iTunes Software and Inspect Compatibility
Here you will get the process of how to download the current version of the iTunes software and then check the compatibility of the software. In order to know that follow the steps below.
- First, open a web browser and visit the official Apple website.
- Next, from that website search for the iTunes application according to the system architecture of your computer and download the setup file.
- If even after downloading the correct setup file still, this error comes up when you try to install the iTunes, then follow the sub-method below.
- First, find the iTunes setup file and right-click on it. Next, from the popup menu choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- In the new ‘Properties’ window of the iTunes Setup file, choose the ‘Compatibility’ tab. Under this tab, put a checkmark on ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for:’ and from the drop-down menu choose ‘Windows 7’.
- Next, put a tick mark on the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ option and click the ‘Apply’ button.
- Finally, restart the computer and then see if this still persists or not.
3: Perform Windows Update
If the Windows OS is not updated, then you may face this issue. The only solution to get rid of this problem is to perform an update for Windows. Follow the steps below, in order to know how to do it.
- First, press ‘Windows + I’ keys together, to open the ‘Settings’ application.
- In this window, locate and choose the ‘Update & security’ option. This opens a new page, in it, go to the left pane and choose the ‘Windows Update’ option.
- Now, go to the right side and then click on the ‘Check for updates’ button.
- As soon as you do that, then automatically the system will look for any update packages on the internet and present them on a list.
- At this time only the updates packages will be downloaded automatically. Once the download process is over, next, click the ‘Restart now’ button.
- When the computer starts once again, the installation process of all updates will begin.
4: Remove iTunes Application
You will get the uninstallation process of iTunes here, so, follow along.
- First, tap the ‘Start’ Menu’ and then click on the ‘Gear’ icon to open the ‘Windows Settings’ window.
- Next, inside that window find and select the ‘Apps’ option. This will open a page with list full of all the installed applications within the computer.
- Now, from that list, locate and click on the ‘iTunes’ option. After that, choose the ‘Uninstall’ button. If you get a confirmation message, then tap on the ‘Yes’ button.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the uninstaller window and then click on the ‘Uninstall’ button to remove the iTunes application.
- Remove all the Apple service components in the following order – “Apple Software Update”, “Apple Mobile Device Support”, “Bonjour”, “Apple Application Support (64-bit)” “Apple Application Support (32-bit)” from the ‘Apps’ section.
- Lastly, restart the computer to apply the changes.
5: Install iTunes into the Computer
You will get the installation process of the iTunes here. To do that, follow these steps below.
- First, navigate to the second method then follow the first two steps to download the iTunes setup file.
- Once the download process of the setup file is complete, next, locate and run that file. This will open the installer window of the iTunes software.
- Next, follow the instructions that come up on the installer window and accordingly choose the ‘Install’ button.
- As soon as you click on that button, then the installation process of the iTunes application will begin. Wait for a few minutes until the installation process begins.
- Once the installation process is complete, next, tap on the ‘Finish button.