Apple’s iTunes was brought in the year 2003 for Windows and since then it has become one of the most popular music software for the platforms among others.
iTunes didn’t take much time to be a global sensation of the music industry. It has acquired 575 million active users since it’s release. Not only that, keeping apart it’s music store, iTunes has happened to sold more than 2 million movies worldwide. And this is how it has become the world’s most popular online movie store.
iTunes has always remained efficient in managing music libraries. Unlike other music software, iTunes can be easily synced with media files for the Apple Device.
But, recently many reports surfaced up from the active users, stating they can’t install iTunes on Windows 10 PC. While they are going for installation or updates, they encountered a few error messages.
Error Messages while installing iTunes :
- “There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A problem required for this install to complete could not be run. Please, contact your support personnel or package vendor”.
- “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor”.
3 Reasons Why You can’t Install iTunes on Windows 10
- Incompatible Apple Software Update
- Incorrectly Registered Windows Installer
- Inappropriate or Repetitive System files
Now, rolling down to solve the problem of installation
How to Install iTunes on Windows 10?
The errors that are appearing while installing iTunes on your Windows 10 PC could be because of a glitch in the process of installation. Or it could also be an unsuitable Apple software update. So, it is a pre-requisite to follow the instruction of installing first.
What to keep in mind before you start installing :
- First make sure, that you close the iTunes if it is running.
- Counter iTunes Helper from automatically booting with the Windows start-up.
- Unplug any Apple device that is connected to your computer.
- The next step is to ensure, whether your PC runs on a 64-bit or 32-bit version of Windows 10. Whatever turns out, you have to download the compatible iTunes installer.
- Now head to the hard disk to save the iTunes installer properly.
- Once you have saved it, just right-click on the iTunes installer and select Run as administrator.
- When the screen appears, click Next, and then choose Install.
First Clean System Files
Many users stated, that Windows error 192 stopped them from completing the iTunes installation process. So, your target would be the detect specific error files that are causing the same issue and drag them straight to the Recycle Bin.
Here is how to do it:
- Follow this path : C:\Windows\System32
- Identify the below-given files and drag them to Recycle Bin
- msvcp 100.dll
- msvcp 120.dll
- msvcp 140.dll
- msvcr 100.dll
- msvcr 120.dll
- vcruntime 140.dll
Next, make sure that you drag and delete the specifically mentioned files into the recycle bin. Do not make a mistake of deleting other important files.
- Now navigate to the Control Panel.
- Choose the Program.
- When the Programs box appears, just choose Programs and Features.
- Revive the 32-bit and 64-bit of the Apple application support.
- The next step is to make sure whether the error is fixed by checking in iTunes.
Note: By releasing the System Registry Error from damaged and corrupted files, you can also the iTunes successfully in your Windows 10 PC.
How to Perfectly establish the iTunes Windows Installer
An error showed up while you were trying to register the iTunes installer in Windows 10. This time try re-registering your installer by following the guide step-by-step.
Here is how to do it:
- Press on the Windows button and R at the same time to come up with the Run dialogue box.
- When the dialogue box appears, type msiexec/ unreg and then press Enter.
- Again press on the Windows button and R together
- Now type msiexec/ regserver and hit the Enter key.
Several users of iTunes couldn’t able to play video files in iTunes. The only resolution to this is to update the video card driver. You can download the latest version of the video card from the manufacturer’s website.
How to install iTunes after disabling the Anti-virus temporarily
This process could also help you to get out of the problem. Uninstall your Antivirus temporarily, because few security services could inappropriately decline iTunes as malicious software. So, it would be best to uninstall your Antivirus and then install iTunes again.
Here is how to do it :
- Head to the keyboard and press Windows and R key together to open the Run dialogue box.
- Then type: msiexec/unreg and hit the Enter button.
- Agin open the Run dialogue box the same way instructed before
- Now type msiexec/regserver and then press the Enter Key.
This could definitely solve the problem of iTunes installation. If you are still having a problem, you could visit the Apple Software Update manager to update iTunes or can also take the help of iCloud.
The simple steps that we have discussed on, could solve your iTunes installation problem in Windows 10.
Coming to a conclusion
iTunes was once a small app, but it is not an 18 Mb app anymore. With gradual updates and more advance features put in iTunes, it has become massive.
Those who are facing the same problem of how to install iTunes on Windows 10 PC, can read the above guide step by step and apply yourself. These steps have helped many users, so why not try it once and see yourself.