The Clownfish Voice changer is an interactive application that allows its users to translate voice And speech in real-time. It works with almost every popular programs such as Discord and Skype. Moreover, it supports various languages and is useful for both business and personal purposes. Lately, various users have complained that their Clownfish Voice Changer was not working.
Generally, this problem is caused due to an outdated Clownfish Voice Changer. Also, it has been reported that it may stop working while translating certain languages. This is a bug that has been consistent in many versions of the software. However, the main issue behind this problem is that Microsoft has stopped supporting SSE2 for their applications. As a result, Clownfish Voice Changer will not be working with newer versions of Skype.
How to Solve Clownfish Voice Changer not Working?
There are certain methods that you can try to make a Clownfish voice changer start working again. Hence, try the following methods in their particular order to check if it helps to resolve your problem.
Method 1 – Downgrade the Skype Application
As mentioned earlier, newer versions of Skype cannot support SSE2. Hence, it causes the Clownfish Voice Changer to stop working. Therefore, you can try to download an earlier version of the Skype software.
However, it is not recommended as earlier versions may contain certain bugs that are removed in the later versions. In case you still want to use the software, you should download the earlier version from Microsoft’s official website. Do not download previous versions from any other third-party software as it may contain viruses and malware.
Thereafter, uninstall the current version of the software from the Programs and Features window. Next, download the previous version from the site and run the installer. Follow the instructions as displayed and install it in your system. The Clownfish Voice Changer should work now.
Method 2 – Install Clownfish Voice Changer Modules
Naturally, the Clownfish Voice Changer requires the use of Microphones in your system. Therefore, it may stop working if the proper modules are not installed. Hence, follow the instructions given below to do so.
- From your system tray, right-click on the Clownfish Voice Changer Icon. Here, click on Setup.
- Next, head over to Modules and there will be an option to select your sound driver. Therefore, choose the primary sound driver and a list of available modules will appear below.
- Download and install them one by one by clicking on the Install button beside them.
You can install the modules for all the sound drivers on the system if you wish to do so. Once the modules have been installed, restart your computer system. Thereafter, verify if the Clownfish Voice Changer is still not working.
Method 3 – Reinstall Clownfish Voice Changer not working
If your Clownfish Voice Changer is still not working, then it is recommended to uninstall and reinstall the application in your system. Hence, follow the steps provided below to do so.
- First, you have to remove the application from your system. Thus, press Windows + R buttons from your keyboard simultaneously.
- Here, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press Enter. Now, you will see a window with all the programs installed in your system.
- Find and locate the Clownfish Voice Changer from the list. Right-click on it and select the Uninstall option.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to completely remove it from your system. Thereafter, restart your computer to complete the process.
- Once the computer starts, open a web browser. Visit the official website of Clownfish and download the latest version of the application.
- Now, right-click on the downloaded file and choose ‘Run as Administrator’. Next, follow the on-screen instructions to install the program on your computer.
After the program has been installed, restart your system. Launch the software and install the modules once again. Check if the application is now properly working or not.
In summary, the methods provided above should resolve Clownfish Voice Changer from not working. Usually, a complete re-installation should fix this problem. However, since Microsoft has stopped supporting SSE2, it might not work anytime. Therefore, you can try to downgrade Skype or update the Clownfish Voice Changer to fix the problem.