Apple has made it easier to access all its features with the help of a single Apple Account. This helps its users to access the App Store, iTunes, iCloud and other such features. However, there are times when users find that their Apple ID verification has failed. As a result, they are unable to use the features.
Hence, they will get a message saying that ‘There was an error connecting to the Apple ID Server’. This error can be easily caused due to a poor or no internet connection. Similarly, it may occur due to a server issue from Apple’s side.
You can also face this error if your login credentials are incorrect or the device’s date and time settings are wrong. If you have encountered this problem in your Apple device, then check out the information provided in the next section.
Effective Methods to Fix Apple ID Verification Failed Issue:
For the most part, the Apple ID verification failed problem is easy to resolve. Here, we have provided some helpful methods that can fix your problem in no time. Hence, go through these methods and carry out the instructions that follow.
Method 1 – Check the Date and Time Settings
Initially, you need to make sure that your device’s date and time settings are correct. Misconfigured settings can easily cause Apple ID verification to fail. Hence, go through the following steps.
- On your Apple device, go to Settings and head over to General.
- Now, tap on Date and Time. Here, you need to make sure that the ‘Set Automatically’ option is checked. If it isn’t, tap or slide the bar beside it to turn it on.
- Finally, try to login to your Apple ID and it should not cause any problems.
Method 2 – Sign out and Sign in Again
Another way to fix this problem is by simply signing out and signing back into your Apple device. Thus, follow the steps given below.
- First, head over to Settings and go to Apple ID. Select the iTunes and App Store option.
- Again, click on your Apple ID from the list and tap on Sign Out. Enter your password or passcode to confirm the action.
- After that, go to the home screen. Here, press the Volume Up button and then quickly press the Volume Down button. Subsequently, press and hold the power button. Keep holding until your device restarts and you see the Apple logo on your screen.
- When your device turns on, go to Settings and tap on Apple ID. Go to Profiles and login to your Apple account.
- Now, check whether you are able to successfully login or not.
Method 3 – Check the Login Credentials
Consequently, you need to check whether you are entering the correct password or not. This may have been easily determined in the previous method. However, if you have forgotten your password, then you need to reset it by following the steps provided hereunder.
- Open any web browser and go to appleid.apple.com. This is the official website for resetting Apple ID’s password.
- Thus, enter your Apple ID and press Enter.
- Thereafter, choose any recovery method and enter the required information.
- Once the details are verified, create a new password for your Apple account. Next, verify the password and proceed to change the password.
- Finally, go to your device and try to login by using the new password.
You shouldn’t face any problems anymore and the error will get resolved.
Method 4 – Check the Network Settings
The next important thing that you need to check is whether you are connected to the internet or not. If you are using Wi-Fi, then try to connect to a different Wi-Fi network before trying again.
However, you can try to reset your network settings if you are using Mobile data. This will help to refresh the network connection of your device.
Therefore, go through the steps given below.
- Head over to Settings and go to the General section.
- Next, go to the Reset option and tap on Reset Network Settings.
- This will take some while. After that, turn on your Mobile Data and try to sign in to your Apple ID. Hopefully, the problems should be solved by now.
Method 5 – Disable Content Blocker and VPN Services
There are some applications that can block ads and provide VPN services. Therefore, if you are using any of these, you need to disable them. These apps blacklist certain proxy sites and create a proxy server that can cause Apple ID verification to fail.
Hence, temporarily disable or uninstall them from your device before trying again. Once disabled, you should easily be able to sign in to your Apple ID. After successfully logging in, you can install the apps later.
To summarize, one of the methods provided above should help you to get rid of the Apple ID verification failed error. Make sure that you are connecting to a working Wi-Fi connection or have a good data connection. Moreover, confirm that you are entering your credentials correctly. If you’re still facing issues, then you may have to get in touch with professionals for technical assistance.