The Windows Store was introduced by Microsoft from Windows 8 onwards. This was done to provide a ‘Tablet’ experience to its users. However, people reacted very poorly and Windows 8 got mostly bad reviews. With the introduction of Windows 10, the focus on Windows Store was reduced but still available. This time, it received great feedback from Windows users.
Recently,Windows 10 users have discovered that due wsappx high cpu usage they have been facing several issues.Ordinarily, this is a system process that is linked with the Microsoft Store.
What is Wsappx Service and What is it Used for?
To begin with, the Wsappx service is not a malware or a virus. It helps to manage the basic functions of the Windows Store. Thus, it helps to install, uninstall and update the applications downloaded from the Store. Moreover, it is divided into two services –
- AppCSVC – AppX Deployment Service
- ClipSVC – Client License Service
Both of these are needed by the Windows Store to run normally. The Wsappx service may cause high disk usage or CPU usage due to updating the apps in the background. Generally, the service starts and stops once its action is finished. However, it can continuously run in the background due to technical glitches.
Easy Ways to Fix High CPU Usage in Windows 10:
There are various ways to fix the wsappx high disk usage or CPU usage in your system. Here, we have provided effective methods to resolve extensive resource usage.
Method 1 – Turn Off Automatic Updates in Microsoft Store
Initially, you can turn off automatic updates to prevent the service from constantly running in the background. However, this means that you would have to manually update your apps every now and then. Thus, go through the steps given below to do so.
- Open the Windows Store by clicking on the Store icon beside the Start button. Next, click on your User Account from the top-right position on the screen.
- Now, head over to Settings. Here, you should see an option for Update apps Automatically.
- Simply, click on the slider to turn it off. Now, close the Store and restart your system. The problem should not be bothering you now.
Method 2 – Increase Virtual Memory
If you’re still suffering from high CPU usage, then you can try to fix it by increasing your Virtual memory. To do this, go through the instructions provided in the given section.
- Press the Windows logo button on your keyboard and type ‘performance’. Next, click on ‘Adjust Appearance vs. Performance’.
- Now, head over to the Advanced tab and then go to Virtual Memory. Here, click on Change and then untick the option for ‘Automatically manage paging’.
- Thereafter, select the drive where the OS is installed and click on Custom Size. Next, input the size of your RAM as initial size. Subsequently, enter the double of this value for the Maximum size. Make sure the values are entered in MB. For example, if your RAM is 8 GB, then the initial size will be 8 MB and the maximum size will be 16 MB.
- Lastly, click on Apply and then save your settings by clicking Ok.
- Restart your system and check if you’re still facing the problem or not.
Method 3 – Disable Windows Store
Another effective way to fix Wsappx high disk usage is by simply disabling the Windows Store. As a result, the service will stop running in the background. Also, you will not be able to access the Windows Store. There are two methods to disable the Store. One is through the Group Policy Editor and the other is by using the Registry Editor.
Hence, follow the steps given below to do so.
Through Group Policy Editor
- Press the Windows logo button along with the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Next, type ‘gpedit.msc’ and press the Enter key. This will launch the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Here, go to Computer Configurations and click on Administrative Templates. Thereafter, go to Windows Components and select Store.
- On the right side, click on the ‘Turn off Store Application’ option. Next, enable it and save your changes by clicking on Apply. Reboot your computer and inspect if the issue has been fixed.
- Press the Windows logo button along with the letter ‘R’ to open the Run dialog box. Next, type ‘regedit’ and press the Enter key on your keyboard. After that, navigate to the following directory. “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStoreKey”
- If WindowsStoreKey is not available, then you have to create it. Thus, you need to select Microsoft and then go to Edit > New > Key and name it as ‘WindowsStoreKey’.
- Now, go to Edit and click on New to create a DWORD value. Give its name as ‘RemoveWindowsStore’ and change the value to 1.
- Lastly, exit the Registry Editor and reboot your system. Check if the problem has been fixed.
Method 4 – Change Registry Values
- You can follow this method if the previous ones do not fix the issue for you. Thus, changing a few registry values should work. Make sure that you follow these steps carefully as any mistake could harm your operating system.
- Press the Windows button and the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Next, type ‘regedit’ in the text field and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor on your screen. Thereafter, navigate to the following directory. “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services”
- Now, select the following entries one by one and change the value of Start from the right menu pane. The value needs to be changed from 0x00000003 to 0x00000004. “AppXSvc, ClipSVC, WSService”
- After doing the above changes, close the registry editor and restart your PC. Thereafter, the problem should be resolved by now.
In conclusion, you can prevent wsappx high CPU usage in Windows 10 by following the steps provided above. Hopefully, editing the registry entries should be able to fix this problem once and for all. Thereafter, you can consult online forums and communities if you are unable to get rid of the wsappx services.