Omegle is a popular online chat website where you can talk to any strangers from any part of the world. The best part of this online chat website is that you can stay anonymous. You do not have to register or create an account to use it. But at that times, users can run into the Omegle error connecting to server problem while finding strangers.
For the most part, this problem is caused due to a faulty internet connection or server issues. Hence, in this case, you left with no other option other than to wait and try again later. Alternatively, it can be caused due to corrupted internet cookies, cache or temporary files. DNS and IP address problems can also cause Omegle error connecting to server issue. Also, you may face this error if you were previously banned from the site.
Solutions to Fix Omegle Error Connecting to Server
Here, we have shared some effective methods to help you combat the Omegle error connecting to server issue. Therefore, try these methods one by one until your problem gets resolved.
Method 1 – Refresh Internet Connection and Settings
As mentioned earlier, you can run into this problem if your internet settings and files have been corrupted. This also includes the DNS and IP address issues. Therefore, you can easily fix this by resetting and refreshing the settings. Simply follow the steps below to do this.
1. Press Windows + R buttons from your keyboard at the same time. Here, type ‘cmd’ and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter. This will start Command Prompt as an Administrator.
2. Thereafter, enter the following commands in the console one by one. Execute each command by pressing the Enter key.
- netsh int reset all
3. When the commands have been executed, close the program and restart your system. Now, try to open Omegle on your web browser and check if the problem has been resolved.
Method 2 – Use a VPN Service
A VPN is a safety service that can allow users to stay anonymous on the internet. It helps to hide their IP addresses, modify their location and encrypt the connection to make it more secure. Hence, you can try to overcome the Omegle error connecting to the server by using a VPN service.
This method is extremely useful for those whose IP addresses have been previously banned from the site. However, it works for only premium VPN services. You should never use a free VPN service at any cost. There are a lot of VPN services to choose from. Thus, connect to a VPN and try to join the Omegle website. You should be able to access it without any problems.
Method 3 – Delete Browser Cookies and Caches
In addition to corrupted internet files, accumulated browser cookies and cache can cause this problem as well. Hence, you can try to fix the problem by deleting them. Here, we have provided detailed instructions for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox as they’re the most popularly used web browsers.
- First, launch Google Chrome on your desktop and head over to its Menu. You can do this by clicking on the three dots located on the top-right of your screen.
- Here, choose Settings and then type ‘cache’ in the search field. Now, you will see an option for ‘Clear Browsing Data’.
- Click on that option and then select ‘Cached Image and Files’ along with ‘Cookies and other Site Data’. Thereafter, click on ‘Clear Browsing Data’ once again and the cookies and caches of your browser will be deleted.
- Launch the Firefox browser and head over to its Menu by clicking on the three horizontal bars. Thereafter, click on Options.
- Next, go to Privacy and Security and select Cookies and Site Data.
- Here, click on Clear Data and select Cache and Cookies from the list. Finally, click on Clear once again and these will be removed.
After following the above instructions, open a new tab and visit Omegle once again. Check if you are able to access the website normally or not.
Method 4 – Reset Browser Settings
If none of the above methods work, then there could be other reasons behind the issue. As a good option, you can reset your browser settings to fix any browser or internet-related issues. Again, we have provided the instructions below for both Chrome and Firefox.
- From Chrome’s main window, click on the three dots to open its menu. Thereafter, click on Settings.
- Next, use your mouse wheel to scroll down the page. Click on the Advanced Settings and scroll down to the end of the page.
- Choose and click on the Reset option and it will ask for your confirmation. Click on Reset again and your browser will be reset.
- Click on the three bars located on the top-right of the Firefox’s window. Thereafter, click on Help and go to Troubleshooting Information.
- Here, you will see an option called Refresh Firefox. Simply click on it and a new window will appear.
- Click on Refresh Firefox once again and your browser will be reset.
Finally, you should be able to get rid of the Omegle error connecting to server issue by following the instructions provided above. However, if you are still unable to access the site, try to wait for a few hours before trying again. Otherwise, you can contact the Customer support team to help you out.