An Operating system manages your device’s memory and processes along with both software and hardware. It’s the most important software of your device. In other words, without an OS your device is useless.
For the past several months Chrome OS managed to make a thorough progress. It comes with better tablet functionality, Android app support, and more improvements. Therefore, making the experience safe and easy for users.
Why pick Chrome OS…
Chrome OS is a rather new and popular Operating System launched by Google. The initial release date of it was June 15, 2011. Chrome operating system is based on Linux kernel. Google Chrome web browser is its primary user interface.
Chrome OS is upgrading its features with time. However, the main strength of it lies in its simplicity. You don’t need to understand rocket science in order to handle it. You can easily use it even if you are not tech-savvy enough. If your query is why you should go for Chrome OS and what the useful features are then this article is your answer.
Chrome OS launched dictation. You can surf the internet without the hectic of typing. On the left side of your Keyboard, you will find a microphone icon. Tap and hold the icon for giving dictation and surf without typing. This feature is now available in Canary Channel of Chrome OS.
2. Android keyboard support
Google Chrome operating system launched support for Android keyboard since May. Now you can find king size emojis, GIFs, and some pre-installed greetings. Also, Google keyboard is now available in more than 100 languages. This includes some regional languages like Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, etc as well as National languages like Philippines, Japanese, Korean, etc. So, you can enjoy browsing and texting in your own language with Chrome OS now.
3. New and developed file manager
Now you can run Chrome OS alongside with your Android apps. This increased the utility and flexibility of the Chromebook. Also, finding the files became hasslefree with the improved File Manager. Previously files of Android apps were not visible in the File Manager. However, in the improved version, you can meddle with all the files. This made the handling of files easier for the users.
4. Linux support
Chrome OS is introducing Linux support. Now you can run your Linux apps and Android apps together in the Google’s operating system. Pixelbook is a demonstration of this. This could be a little hectic at first but after the complete integration, it will be helpful. Further, Chrome OS comes with Windows 10 support.
5. Lightning fast boot up
Inside the device, Chrome OS doesn’t store applications. It uses the applications that run from the cloud in a browser. It has zero local applications and limited hardware. Therefore, there is no need to look for devices and drivers and going through the long checklist. It doesn’t load programs in residential memory either. Eventually, this cut down the boot time. The browser becomes available within the span of three seconds. You no longer have to wait long with Google Chrome OS.
Apart from these 5 important features, Chrome OS offers some more desirable features as well.
- You can find a shortcut for your emojis. So, if you use emojis a lot while chatting then you can use the shortcut.
- Navigating in the large web pages is easier with it’s ‘two-finger’ scroll. You no longer have to deal with annoying scroll bars.
- There is no need to worry about space anymore. You can store your page for offline mode. Also, you can check the status of your storage in File manger easily.
- You can view multiple pages at once with new Chrome OS. You don’t have to close the previous tab in order to open a new one anymore.
- Do you want to use the full screen while using a web app or playing game? You can do this with new and updated Chrome OS now.
- Good news for those who love editing pictures. Chrome OS has made this easier and quicker now. You can edit your pictures without photoshop.
- Customise keyboards are also available in Google Chrome OS. You can customize your keyboard like setting a background picture, using a different font and even multiple languages now.
Google is constantly trying to update and provide a better experience for the users. You can praise Chrome OS for its combinations of simplicity and advanced technology without a doubt.