The BCM20702a0 driver error generally indicates a corrupted Bluetooth driver. Most of the laptop and computer models have an in-built Bluetooth driver and adapter embedded in the motherboard. For others, they can still use Bluetooth but with an external adapter that comes in the form of USB. However, these adapters can fail to work and show the BCM20702a0 driver error on your system. As a result, users are unable to use the adapter successfully. Usually, this issue can be caused due to corrupted system files or a malware or virus attack. Additionally, it can be caused due to an existing outdated Bluetooth driver as well. In some cases, you may face this error if the Bluetooth driver is not compatible with your system.
How to Solve BCM20702a0 Driver Error?
To begin with, it is very easy to resolve the BCM20702a0 driver error. Here, we have provided some helpful solutions to help you get rid of this problem. Therefore, try these solutions one by one and follow the instructions very carefully.
Solution 1 – Run System File Checker
The System File Checker is a built-in utility tool of the Windows operating system. It can automatically scan and fix any corrupted system files or folders. Hence, you can use it to scan your system as well. Follow the steps provided below to do so.
- Press Windows + R buttons from your keyboard at the same time. Then, type ‘cmd’ and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- This will launch Command Prompt on your computer with Admin privileges.
- Next, type ‘sfc /scannow’ and press Enter.
Wait for the tool to scan and fix any issues that it may find. Thereafter, close the program. You can also scan your computer for possible malware and viruses using licensed security software. After that, check if you are able to use your Bluetooth adapter or not.
Solution 2 – Update Bluetooth Driver
If your computer has an existing Bluetooth driver, then you need to update it to the latest version. Hence, follow the steps given below.
- Press Windows + X button on your keyboard to open the Quick Menu. Here, click on Device Manager.
- Next, you will see a window with all the device drivers installed in your system. Select and expand the Bluetooth category from the list by double-clicking on it.
- Now, right-click on your Bluetooth driver and choose the ‘Update Driver’ option. Choose ‘Search Automatically’ and follow the on-screen instructions to install any available updates.
Thereafter, restart your system and check if the BCM20702a0 driver error has been fixed or not.
Solution 3 – Check Bluetooth Service
You may face the BCM20702a0 driver error if the Bluetooth service is not properly running in the system background. Hence, go through the following steps to check its current status.
- Press Windows + R buttons from your keyboard to open the Run dialog box. Here, type ‘services.msc’ and press Enter.
- Now, you will see a new window with all the system processes. Search for Bluetooth Support Service and double-click on it.
- Next, click on the drop-down beside Startup type and choose Automatic. Thereafter, save your changes and exit the menu.
Finally, restart your system and confirm whether the problem has been resolved.
Solution 4 – Reinstall the Bluetooth Driver
As a last resort, you can try to fix BCM20702a0 driver error by simply reinstalling the Bluetooth driver. You can do this automatically or manually based on your preference. However, it is recommended to do it manually.
Therefore, go through the following instructions to manually uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth driver in your system.
- First, you need to remove the Bluetooth driver. Therefore, press Windows + R button from your keyboard and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the Run dialog box.
- Next, press Enter and expand the category of Bluetooth. Right-click on your Bluetooth driver and select ‘Uninstall’.
- Follow the instructions to remove the driver from your system. Thereafter, restart your system.
- Now, open any browser and visit the official website of your device’s manufacturer. Go to the search field and enter ‘Broadcom Bluetooth driver’ or ‘General Bluetooth driver’ and press Enter.
- You should see the Bluetooth driver that is compatible with your model. Hence, choose your operating system and download it in your system. Once the download has been completed, run the file as an Administrator. After that, follow the instructions on your screen to install the driver in your system. Then, restart your system after the installation process has been completed. Hopefully, the error should not appear anymore.
To conclude, the BCM20702a0 driver error should be easily resolved by following the instructions provided in the above section. Generally, downloading and installing the Broadcom Bluetooth Driver will fix this driver error. If you are still facing this problem, then you need to get in touch with a certified professional to help you overcome the issue.